Lately, I have discovered a new found obsession with creating all in one pot recipes. I find that everything you do in one pot comes out super creamy and hearty, while remaining super simple and not too time consuming.
For this recipe I have decided to stay traditional.
Before I start with the 5 steps, I want to review the pan I used.
This was my first time using the T-fal Pan and I love it! You can find it on Amazon by searching “T-fal pans” or by going to t-fal website. This pan comes with a neat little red dot in the middle which is a thermo-sensor that indicates when the pan is heated. This was convenient, but the pan gets super hot and holds heat, so be careful! I love non-stick pans, but some take forever to brown food (like my copper pan). This pan really DOES NOT stick and it DOES brown the food. Also, it can be put into the oven because the handle is oven safe.
- 1 lb or so of chopped meat (substitute meat would work too)
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 2 cups of sauce (I use a very thick sauce, almost a paste so I use more water because of this. The sauce is called MIDS and it is amazing)
- Pinch of basil
- 1 box of pasta (any will do)
- Mozzarella cheese (I used a heart handful)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
MID’S SAUCE; I live in FL and am not sure if this sauce is available everywhere, but it is definitely worth purchasing online if not. It costs about $4.50 and is worth every penny. I don’t only say it’s worth it because the taste is AH-MAZING, but it’s so thick you usually add water. This makes the jar last twice as long. The only time I do not mix equal parts of water is if I am making pizza or zucchini lasagna which will release water on its on.
My 5 simple steps;
- First, brown your minced garlic.
- Add chopped meat and brown.
- Add water, sauce, macaroni, spices and cover.
- You may periodically need to add more sauce or water depending on the type of macaroni you are using and how it soaks up the liquids.
- Toss on some mozzarella and cover again until melted.
You could add a side of ricotta cheese, if your feeling super hearty!
That’s all folks!